Sunday, July 22, 2007

Day 93


Anniversaries.

Six months today.
Officially in remission.

Feels like years.

How important are anniversaries nowadays?
Who remembers them?
What ones do your celebrate?

Doesn't it feel as if you can't go ten hours without either seeing on television, hearing on the radio, or discussing with a friend, an anniversary of some sort.
"One-year anniversary sale"
"Two years since the divorce went through"
"Nine years since we rescued Fluffy"

Not to say that these aren't important to the individual celebrating them.
But enough already.
I wouldn't have even known it was my six month anniversary of remission if my Dr. hadn't told me at my appointment the other day.

The more anniversaries we have, the less special an beautiful, ordinary day might seem.

So celebrate each day as if it were an anniversary.
In a way it is.
Each day is one day longer you have been on the earth.
Celebrate the DAY and leave the anniversary for the really monumental stuff.

Example: My Birthday. November 2nd. Presents optional!

No comments: