Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 107


Easter Lily.

Who knew that lilies are poisonous to cats?
That they cause acute kidney failure if the cat so much as nibbles on them?
Bringing almost certain death within 36 hours?

Not me.
Hope I won't have to find out the hard way.

I caught Sondheim eating my Opening Night floral arrangement while on the phone with my stage manager this afternoon, who informed me of the poison and to take him to emergency care immediately. The vet, in turn, told me to watch Sondheim closely for signs of depression and lethargy. Its the afternoon, he is always lethargic.

Watching and waiting.

Even if he is poisoned, there isn't much to be done.
They can try dialisis which can cost between $5,000 and $15,000 but its only 15% effective.

Unthinkable.

Watching and waiting.

Maybe even tossing out a small prayer here and there.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Don't cats always act depressed and lethargic?

Best of luck to the cat.