Friday, March 30, 2007

Day 6





Hidden Treasures.
I suppose there is an old saying or four about not appreciating things untl they are gone...or not recognizing the beauty in the things you see every day. I don't know the exact wordage but this is my take for tonight.
Eating dinner tonight with a great friend, we were placed at a table facing the ocean. My friend looks out and stares at the ocean and says how every time she looks out on the horizon above the Atlantic Ocean (taking some creative liscense Toni beacuse I can't remember exact words) the world seems filled with infinate possibilities. (of course this came right out of my wondering how many people in the boats on the ocean were having sex at that very moment - clearly different wavelengths!) But, she made me think. Here is someone who has looked at that ocean thousands upon thousands of times and somehow I really do believe she can appreciate the vastness of our world each and every time. There are people like her who can just do that, find beauty, meaning and ...the rest of us can work at it I suppose.
So tonight I am displaying pictures of a great sculpture at the CAC in VA VBH where I have been for the past two weeks working on the show...I never really sat down and appreciated the art. Tonight I Sat directly under it and stared.
A start.

No comments: