Thursday, May 31, 2007

Day 67


Dr. Nemeh.

Dr. Nemeh is a healing Doctor. Blessed by the Holy Spirit, he has the ability to heal the sick.
Seriously.
He holds large prayer services around the United States and prays over anyone who is in need of healing.
He has worked several miracles in his career thus far and most likely assisted in healing many sick folk.
He is holding a healing service at my home parish of Sts. Peter and Paul in June.

I got to thinking on my drive to Sandusky last night:
Suppose you are someone relatively famous for being able to do something special.
You have a gift.
People all over the world recognize your abilities and honor your talents.

Suppose that gift is gone one day.
Finished.
Nothing happens.
The spirit has left you.
You ask for God's help to restore the powers but get no answer.

What do you do?
Do you continue to pray over people and offer your services, unsure if God is within you any longer?
Do you go into a quiet retirement?
Do you get angry?

Just a thought.
People say I love to play devil's advocate.
I think of it a different way. I like to imagine a twist, that would make a good story.
Devil's advocate sounds so heartless.
I prefer to think of myself as a journalist of life, trying to nab that one great story.

After all, its just in my imagination.
Isn't it?

No comments: