Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Day 10


Tunnel Vision.
Driving 8 + hours home today with an oft-busted cellphone gives one a lot of time for reflection.
Or a LOT of ipod listening. Or perhaps a mix of the two.
Each morning while brushing my teeth I read a Saint of the Day book that my brother gave me when leukemia struck. Each day, I say a prayer to that particular Saint that the values they lived and brought on this earth will give me a little guidence or sometimes even just a goal for the day. Nothing heavy. A simple thought to start the day. Today three martyrs grouped together, St. Agape, St. Chionia and St. Irene spoke of the "If Only" way of living and it stuck ALL day. Do I rehash past mistakes? Do I review past choices and try to decide if they were the correct ones? Today I did. And, let me be the first to say its not the ideal way to pass the time. I have always been the first to say 'no regrets' but maybe thats not entirely true. Of course as the three Saints were for just the opposite. Let go. Just let go.
Argh!

1 comment:

Billy said...

What Ifs are a waste of energy. Unfortunately we all dwell on our past sometime or other. It's human nature. Sometimes we can learn from our past mistakes, but most of the time we just rehash what's happened in our heads with no benefit.

Don't get down on yourself for things you wish had happened, or happened a different way. Life is all about taking chances and making mistakes. If we never fell down, we wouldn't realize how good if feels when we're up.

Life is like wandering through the woods but you cannot see the other side of the forest. Get lost along the way. It's more fun that way and you're sure to learn a lot!