Thursday, April 12, 2007

Day 19


Before.
I've never quite understood how I can wake up one morning and have my mind set on an action (usually something rather bold, as in painting and remodeling the living room - yikes) and just go for it.
Strong-willed and focused.
I must be nuts. Or just damn lucky to have someone sharing my life who is just as impulsive - or at least supportive, even if the colors on the walls turned out...eh.
The difference between us, probably making us such a good match, most times, is that totally different things inspire us (or "speak to us" as is the new hip phrase, so I hear) but we support eachother's inspriation and even play along if necessary.
Example: The movie "Running with Scissors," or as I like to think of it "I Could Have Been Doing 20 More Exciting Things," was completely captivating to some while I found it a good 45 minutes too long...got the point - you hate your mom and you want to get even with her for being a bad mom by writing a book - big deal. But it brought us both to the same conclusion.
Do something. Don't get stuck. I will no longer allow myself to sit through movies I hate without at least doing situps or crocheting...whatever feels more manly at the time.

No comments: