Monday, April 9, 2007

Day 16


Anticipation.
Excitement and/or Dread.
In 7 short hours I will undergo a third (or is it 4th - I have lost track) gum-grafting surgery. Ouch!
I am more nervous now than I remember being last time and I can't decipher why. Maybe due to the fact that I now know the pain level I will have to endure. Maybe in part because I only have this One thing to focus on. The last few times my brain was so overwhlemed in other treatments and procedures that the actual gum surgery only received the smallest ounce of worry and thought. Maybe my fretting is beacuse I have no idea how I am going to pay for this!
But what good does worry or dread or anticipation do for something like this? Tomorrow at 8:30 am I will be wheeled out to my car and sent home (don't panic, my father is driving the car!) and have it all behind me...at least for a few days until the next round! Save anticipation for things that really matter, like opening nights! At least that is what this brain is coming up with . Save the worry, the excitement, the angst, and the drama for the major things...like who will get kicked off of America's Next Top Model Wednesday night!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Let's hope it's Jael.

Oh, and I hope your surgery goes well ;-)